Sunday, April 15, 2012

Carob - Banana - Coconut Pie

Well I finally managed to write down a recipe as I was making it, and I must say this experiment worked out great.  At the Commercial - Broadway Skytrain Station, two girls were passing out free samples of Coconut Water, so I decided to make something delicious with it.  This recipe involves, of course, carob (my favorite) and some banana.  I couldn't be too creative as I didn't have much stuff to work with but I think it turned out great.


Carob - Banana - Coconut Pie

Crust
1 cup almonds
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup dates, soaked
1 tbs coconut oil
1 Banana

Filling
2 avocadoes
1/4 cup carob powder
1 cup cashews, soaked
1/2 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened, soaked)
1 tbs honey
2 tbs coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut water (or more, for consistency) 

Carob Topping
1/2 cup carob powder
1/4 cup maple syrup (or agave, or honey)
pinch salt
2 tbs coconut oil
2 tbs tahini
2 tbs coconut water, or regular water, to thin

Blend up the crust ingredients and press evenly into an 8in pie pan, or springform pan.  Slice banana thinly and place over the crust,  put in freezer.  Next, place cashews in a food processor, blend until smooth, and add other ingredients.  Mix in food processor until you get a smooth consistency, you might need to add more coconut water to do this.  One finished,  pour into pie pan, and freeze until hard.

Mix the topping ingredients together and smooth over the pie.  Freeze until hard and enjoy!

-Beth

1 comment: