Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Raw Food Truffles

Lately I've been getting into raw food truffles.  They're a great snack, filling, sweet, and good to take up to school for lunch.  I've made them quite a lot lately and they've varied between ones that are more for a chocolate, sweet tooth fix and ones that are more of a trail mix kind to give you lots of energy.  I got these recipes from various raw food books, one of them I whipped up myself with some leftovers from almond milk and dipped them in carob syrup (yummm).  I'll start with the trail mix truffles I made and load up some other ones later, but man these were delicious and I could hardly save them all for my lunch tomorrow =)  Plus side, all you need is a food processor, and no soaking!


Trail Mix Truffles
yields 15-20 balls




1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raisins (whatever you prefer, I used good old Thompson)
8 dates
10 figs
6 apricots  (both of these should be dehydrated)
Coconut flakes for rolling, or extra sunflower seeds

Pulse sunflower seeds until they are coarsely chopped (or finer if you prefer).  Add all of the dried fruit and pulse until everything is thoroughly mixed, and roll dough into balls.  Roll these into coconut or sunflower seeds & enjoy!

-Beth








AND to continue my truffle adventures.  I got this recipe from "Raw Food: A complete guide for every meal of the day", and I liked it less than the trail mix recipe but it was still pretty good.  Raw food truffles are just such a great way to satisfy a sweets craving, and the texture is delicious and not to mention they keep you full for a while.  


Ginger and Cinnamon Balls

8 dried figs
8 fresh dates
1 cup walnuts
1 cup raisins
1/2 inch fresh ginger, peeled 
1 tablespoon cinnamon 
juice from 1 lime

(you can half this recipe as well)

Process walnuts in processor until desired consistency (I like them really ground up).  Add everything else and process, add lime, ginger, and cinnamon to taste.  Make into small balls and roll them in walnuts.  Place in fridge and enjoy!

-Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment